Community College of Philadelphia partnered with Single Stop USA, a nonprofit organization delivering services to more than one million families nationwide, to establish a service for students that connects them to state and federal financial resources and local community services. The aim is to help students overcome economic barriers, continue with their education and move towards economic mobility. Single Stop offers government benefit eligibility screening and assistance to apply for these benefits, legal services, financial education, tax preparation services and healthcare enrollment assistance. All services are free to students.
Single Stop provides FREE and comprehensive social and financial services for all of the College's students:
- Benefits Screening – Quick screening will provide you with information as to whether you qualify for federal/state benefits, such as food and nutrition programs (SNAP, WIC) and health insurance (CHIP, Medicaid). In addition, Single Stop staff will assist you in applying for the benefits.
- Tax Preparation and Filing – From January through April, Single Stop brings certified tax preparers to help you prepare and file tax returns and amendments, as well as determine if you qualify for one or more tax credits including but not limited to the Earned Income, American Opportunity or Child Tax Credits.
- Healthcare Enrollment Assistance – Single Stop staff helps you review different healthcare options including Medicaid (year long), and plans offered through the Marketplace (during open enrollment). Through on-campus resources and certified navigators' assistance, you are able to expedite the application process and necessary follow up.
- Legal Counseling – On-site attorneys provide legal advice and answer questions about immigration, housing, employment, utilities, and government benefits related issues that could potentially or currently interfere with your educational goals.
- Financial Counseling – To help you establish and achieve your financial goals. You will receive help on how to build your assets, credit counseling, financial planning, assistance with debt management, and planning for after graduation among other topics.
- Referral Services – After completing the prescreening process, staff will assess your needs and make referrals to other resources at the College and in your community.
Use Our Self-screening Tool
Do you want to know what benefits and resources you may be eligible for? Complete your profile on our online self-screening tool:
- Main Campus students visit https://ccp.singlestoptechnologies.com/
- Regional Centers’ students visit https://ccpregionalcenter.singlestoptechnologies.com/
Once you complete and send your profile, Single Stop staff will reach out to review your results and determine the assistance you could get AT NO COST!
Schedule of Services
Health Care Enrollment
During the open enrollment period in the Marketplace (ObamaCare), November through January, this service is offered on Mondays and Thursdays only. You need to bring for the session (for all household members seeking coverage):
- Picture ID and Social Security number
- Annual gross Income Information (pay stubs or W2 form)
- If permanent resident bring green card
- If currently insured bring policy number and insurance company name
Attorneys and experienced advocates offer free legal consultations in the following issues:
- Government Benefits - Assistance for issues with food stamps, cash and medical assistance, subsidized child care and benefits issues for immigrants.
- Employment - Assistance with unpaid wages and record expungement.
- Housing - Assistance with unfair evictions, illegal lockouts, repairs, and housing problems related to domestic violence.
- Utilities - Assistance with shut-offs and billing/service issues.
Assistance with immigration law inquiries, status adjustment and naturalization/citizenship process is offered the third Wednesday of each month from 2 to 5 p.m.
Individual and group sessions to help you with financial planning, debt management, budgeting, plan for independence and understand, establish and/or repair your credit. This service is offered on campus Tuesdays and Thursdays, April through October.
From January through April this service is offered to students currently taking classes and earning under $54,000 dollars per year. Please bring the following documents to the session (for all individuals claimed in the tax filing):
- Student and State ID
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for spouse and dependents
- Wage and earning statements, such as W-2, W-2G or 1099-R forms
- If you have insurance, bring form 1095 A, B or C
- Total amount paid to your daycare provider, provider's tax identifying number, and the provider's Social Security Number of Employer Identification Number
- Bank account and routing number for direct deposit
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- If you are a new client, bring a copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- For the Education Credit, bring form 1098T, available on MyCCP, under the Student Tab >> Financial Services >> Tax Notification
- If you were a student at the College last year, bring a student account statement, available on MyCCP
2018 Tax Service Schedule:
Monday and Thursday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, visit Single Stop's office located in the Mint Building, Room M1-21, call 267-414-2087 or email us. Walk-ins are also welcome!
Fall Semester: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(267) 299-5910 or email us
|Northwest Regional Center
Mon - Wed – Thur: 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
|(215) 972-6367 or email us|
Single Stop staff will confidentially meet with you to help determine the potential resources and benefits that could help you reach your educational goals.