Information Sessions for Fall 2023 Courses
The English as a Second Language Institute will host brief information sessions for students to learn more about noncredit ESL classes and the registration processes. All students, new and returning, are encouraged to attend an information session before the start of the semester. Please use the link below to sign up for a session. Please sign up at least 24 hours in advance.
ESL Institute Placement Testing for Fall 2023 Admission
New students MUST take the ESL Institute placement test before enrolling in a course. Taking the placement test does not guarantee you a seat in the program. Sign ups for the July placement test will open at the end of June. Sign up for the Fall 2023 interest list HERE to receive updates.
If you have any questions, please contact Gretchen Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes in the ESL Institute offer adult, non-native speakers of English the opportunity to improve their basic English language skills in order to actively increase their participation in the larger society, continue their education into academic programs or to prepare for citizenship.
Adults at least 18 years of age are eligible for the program.
Before enrolling for classes, prospective students must take the ESL Institute Placement Test.
The ESL Institute provides four levels of ESL instruction:
- ESL Intro (Low Beginner)
- ESL 1 (Beginner)
- ESL 2 (Intermediate)
- ESL 3 (High Intermediate)
- American Idioms (Advanced, only open to students who complete ESL 3)
Each level includes the four language acquisition skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Fall 2023 Courses
- COURSE FEE: $80 for each course (American Idioms: $100)
- REGISTRATION: Returning students: July - August 2023 registration for classes beginning September 5
- REGISTRATION: New students: Before you can register for classes you must be tested for placement in ESL. Placement testing for summer 2023 has ended. The next test for fall 2023 will be in July. Sign up for the Fall 2023 interest list HERE.
- PAYMENT: Payment can be made online using a credit or debit card, or in person on Main Campus. Classes may be canceled due to low enrollment. Refunds will be granted only if the class is canceled or the student withdraws before the first class meeting. To withdraw, you must email Adultliteracy@ccp.edu.
- Questions: Call 215-751-8531 or email email@example.com.