Poetry has existed across cultures for thousands of years. Poetry is everywhere in music, in plays, and in numerous different forms and styles. Many people enjoy reading and writing poetry, but analyzing poetry and improving your poetic vocabulary will help you write more effectively and better engage with the poetry you read.
- Distinguish between formal verse and free verse and recognize the various genres and types of poetry
- Identify the components of a poem, including lines and stanzas
- Hear a poem's rhythm and formally investigate its meter using scansion
- Use various rhyme schemes
- Recognize and apply different poetic devices, including metaphor and alliteration
- Write your own poetry with confidence, starting with the various writing opportunities and prompts in the course
Upon registering, you have ninety (90) days to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to get started today!
Course Hours: 1.5 Hours
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.