Getting Started at NERC?
12901 Townsend Road, Philadelphia PA 19154
Administrative Hours of Operation, Summer 2023
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., NERC Suite 103
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., NERC Suite 104
Located conveniently off of Route 1, the Northeast Regional Center (NERC) is the College’s largest and most independently functional Regional Center. It has over 50 classrooms, a bookstore, a learning commons complete with a computer lab and several group study rooms, a biology lab, an art studio and a full service dining area.
The Regional Center’s recent expansion has been built with sustainable practice in keeping with Community College of Philadelphia’s vision of employing state-of-the-art technology to advance students’ learning experience.
Programs Offered at the Northeast Regional Center
The following degree and certificate programs can be completed entirely at the Northeast Regional Center:
- Health Care Studies, designed for students interested in entering the health care profession.
Learn More About the Health Care Studies Program
- Liberal Arts, for those students looking to learn about and possibly transfer to four-year baccalaureate programs in the arts, humanities, social and natural sciences, and/or mathematics.
Learn More About the Liberal Arts Program
- Liberal Arts – Social/Behavioral Science, for those students seeking exposure to areas such as social work, sociology, urban studies, political science, geography, anthropology, economics, history, or related fields.
Learn More About the Liberal Arts- Social/Behavioral Science Program
- Medical Assistant: Earn a Medical Assistant proficiency certificate in as little as two semesters and begin a career in a variety of medical settings. Upon successful completion, you will be eligible to take a national certification exam for a medical assistant and a phlebotomy certification exam.
Learn More About the Medical Assistant Proficiency Certificate
The following professional development noncredit career training can be completed entirely at the Northeast Regional Center:
- Massage Therapy: Meets the Commonwealth’s requirements for massage therapy training and state licensure. Gain the required knowledge and competencies necessary for the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx), which is governed by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) and is designed to provide a standard examination for students of Massage for entry-level professional scope of practice in gaining licensure.
Learn More About Massage Therapy
- Commercial Truck Driving (CDL): Prepare to enter the job market as a professional truck driver. This includes on-the-road driving techniques and pre-trip inspection, logbooks, paperwork, and accident procedures.
Learn More About Commercial Truck Driving (CDL)
The following degrees can be earned on-site at NERC combined with online classes:
The following certificates can be earned on-site at NERC combined with online classes:
- Accounting Paraprofessional Proficiency Certificate
- Clinical Assistant Proficiency Certificate
- Religious Studies
Directions from I-95
Exit onto Woodhaven Road. Turn right at the Thornton Road exit and make a right onto Thornton Road. Take the first left onto Townsend Road. The Center is on the right.
Directions from the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Take Philadelphia Exit 351 and follow the signs to Route 1 South. Take Route 1 South towards Southampton Road. Turn left onto Southampton Road. Make a left onto Townsend Road and the Center will be on your right.
Directions from the Roosevelt Boulevard
Take Southampton Road east to Townsend Road. Turn left on Townsend Road and proceed to the Center, which will be on your right
Directions from the Ben Franklin Bridge
Take Ben Franklin Bridge to I-676 West/US-30 West/Central Philadelphia. Follow directions from I-95 beginning with, "Merge onto the Vine Street Expressway and continue on I-676 West."
Directions from the Walt Whitman Bridge
Take the Walt Whitman Bridge to I-95 North. Follow directions from I-95.
Bus route 14:
Bus route 84:
Take a Virtual Tour of the Northeast Regional Center: