Student Life - Beyond the Classroom
Community College of Philadelphia offers exciting and rewarding opportunities outside of the classroom that allow you to explore interests, expand your knowledge and become involved in the College community. This out-of-class involvement is meant to support your in-class performance.
The College offers a rich variety of competitive and fitness activities:
- Athletics Center: This facility features a weight training room, cardio room and exercise room for aerobics and yoga classes.
- Intercollegiate Athletics: Offering 10 sports for men and women, the College is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and competes in Region IX as part of the Eastern Pennsylvania Athletic Conference (EPAC).
- Intramural Sports: Our programs include volleyball, basketball, kickball and Ultimate Frisbee.
- Health and Wellness: Events throughout the year serve students, faculty and staff at the College. Examples include health screenings, healthy cooking demonstrations and dietary information exchanges.
Student Leadership and Involvement
There are several ways you can participate in campus life to enhance your leadership, teamwork and communication skills:
- You may choose to get involved in the Student Government Association.
- Become a member of a student club or organization.
- Help plan student activities as a member of the Student Programming Board.
- Contribute to the Vanguard, the student newspaper.
- The College’s two honor societies, the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society and the Alpha Beta Gamma International Business Honor Society, offer you several leadership, networking and academic growth opportunities.
New Student Welcome
First-time students at the College receive important information about academic and student resources, student processes and initiatives that will help them navigate their new environment and achieve their goals.