Who is a Guest Student?
If you are currently a student at another college or university, plan on taking credit courses at Community College of Philadelphia to transfer back to your home school, and do not intend to obtain a degree or certificate from the College, you are a guest student. To enroll, please follow the steps below.
**Note: Guest students are NOT eligible to receive financial aid or veterans education benefits from Community College of Philadelphia. Please contact your home institution’s Office of Financial Aid regarding a consortium agreement.
STEP 1 – Find Your Courses
- View our course finder to see if the courses you wish to take are open.
- Make certain all course prerequisites have been completed. Click here to view a listing of course offerings and prerequisites.
- Write down the five-digit CRN (course reference number) for the course(s) you wish to take.
STEP 2 – Complete an Admissions Application
STEP 3 – Provide Proof of Prerequisite Completion
Students must provide proof that they have completed prerequisites for the course(s) they are planning to take. You may provide the following (any or all applicable) as proof:
- Permission letter from your current college allowing you to register for the course(s). The permission letter MUST indicate the following:
- Community College of Philadelphia Student ID# (J-number)
- Full name of the course(s) you wish to take
- Signature of department chair or equivalent school official
- Unofficial college transcript showing grade(s) of C- or better for the prerequisite course(s)
- College diploma may be used to satisfy placement into any courses requiring English 101 as a prerequisite.
- Minimum test scores may be used to satisfy placement into English 101 or math 118:
- SAT — Reading 510 and/or Math 470
- ACT — English 21 and/or Math 17
- TOEFL — Total score 77 AND writing score 20
- IELTS – Total score 6 AND writing score 6
**NOTE: Scores MUST be within the past two years from the month the test was taken.
STEP 4 – Email Your Documents to the Transfer Credit and Placement Office
Students must email their student identification number (J-number), names and CRN(s) of desired courses, and proof of completed prerequisites (as noted above) to email@example.com.
Upon review and approval of submitted documents, you will receive an email with permission and instructions on how to register online for your classes. Please allow two business days for processing.
STEP 5 – Register for Classes Online
If you have not already done so, click here to search for classes. Please make a note of the CRN (course registration number) of the course(s) you wish to take. Next, login to MyCCP and follow the sequence below:
- Select the “Student” tab
- Select "Register for Courses/Change Class Schedule
- Select "Register for Classes"
- Select the desired term, enter the CRN number(s), and click "Submit Changes"
STEP 6 – Pay for Your Classes
Please review and select from one of our many Payment Options. You must pay for classes by the payment deadline to preserve classes on your schedule for the semester.