Who is a Guest Student?
If you are currently a student at another college or university, plan on taking credit courses at Community College of Philadelphia to transfer back to your home school, and do not intend to obtain a degree or certificate from the College, you are a guest student. To enroll, please follow the steps below.
**Note: Guest students are NOT eligible to receive financial aid or veterans education benefits from Community College of Philadelphia. Please contact your home institution’s Office of Financial Aid regarding a consortium agreement.
STEP 1 – Find Your Courses
- View our course finder to see if the courses you wish to take are open.
- Make certain all course prerequisites have been completed. Click here to view a listing of course offerings and prerequisites.
- Write down the five-digit CRN (course reference number) for the course(s) you wish to take.
STEP 2 – Complete an Admissions Application
STEP 3 – Obtain Proof of Prerequisite Completion
Students must provide proof that they have completed prerequisites for the course(s) they are planning to take. You may provide the following (any or all applicable) as proof:
- Permission letter from your current college allowing you to register for the course(s). The permission letter MUST indicate the following:
- Community College of Philadelphia Student ID# (J-number)
- Full name of the course(s) you wish to take
- Signature of department chair or equivalent school official
- Unofficial college transcript showing grade(s) of C- or better for the prerequisite course(s)
- College diploma may be used to satisfy placement into any courses requiring English 101 as a prerequisite.
- Minimum test scores may be used to satisfy placement into English 101 or math 118:
- For tests taken before March 2016, a minimum SAT score of 510 in English or 470 in mathematics; for tests taken after March 2016, a minimum SAT score of 560 in Evidence Based Reading/Writing or 510 in mathematics within the past two years
**NOTE: Scores MUST be within the past two years from the month the test was taken.
STEP 4 – Complete the online Guest/Non-matriculating Student form
Log into MyCCP and access the Electronic Forms Channel. Complete and submit the Guest/Non-matriculating Student form for processing. Upon review and approval of submitted documents, you will receive an email with permission and instructions on how to register online for your classes. Please allow two business days for processing.
STEP 5 – Pay for Your Classes
Please review and select from one of our many Payment Options. You must pay for classes by the payment deadline to preserve classes on your schedule for the semester.