The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. A disclosure requirement is information that a postsecondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, and a reporting requirement is information submitted to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. The consumer Information provided on these pages meets these requirements. The information has been organized into categories.
- Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights And Privacy (FERPA) (link to College Catalog)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Textbook Information
- Educational Programs
- Instructional Facilities
- Student Disciplinary Procedures
- Transfer of Credit Policies, Articulation Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval and Licensure of Institution Programs
- Computer Use, Copyright Infringement and File Sharing Policies
- Student Leadership and Involvement
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Graduation and Retention Rates
- Job Placement Rates for Graduates
- Professional Certification Exam Pass Rates
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program
- Cost of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Assistance Available from Federal and State Sources
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Procedures
- Academic Performance Requirements for Federal Aid
- Tuition Refund Policy
- Return of Federal Financial Aid Upon Withdrawal
- Educational Loan Information
- Scholarship Information
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Campus Safety and Security
- Campus Security Report (Clery Act)
- Campus Crime Statistics (page 24) (Students' Right to Know)
- Anti-discrimination and Harassment Complaint Policy
- Fire Drill Schedule
- Information for Crime Victims
- Emergency Notification and Evacuation Procedures
- Infectious Disease Exposure Policy
- Vaccination Policies
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
- HIPAA Health Information Privacy Rule
Our Emergency Operations Plan is currently being updated.
If you have an emergency, please contact Safety and Security at extension 5555, or 215-751-8111, or contact the Philadelphia Police Department by dialing 911.
SEND WORD NOW – Mass Notification System
The Community College of Philadelphia has implemented an emergency notification system called Send Word Now, which will enable fast and efficient dissemination of critical information to students, faculty and staff of the College community, including the Regional Centers.
Within minutes, Send Word Now allows the Office of Safety and Security to send alerts through text messaging, phone, and e-mail to numerous devices, such as mobile phones, College-owned landline phones, and e-mail accessible devices. This system provides College students, faculty, and staff with an additional layer of security and protection for emergency response.
Send Word Now is designed to provide emergency information regarding situations that constitute an ongoing threat to the College community, such as an armed suspect on the loose, active fire or credible bomb threat, to name a few situations. An “all clear” message will be sent once an emergency situation is stabilized and it is deemed to be safe to resume normal activity.
As a student, faculty or staff member at the College you are automatically enrolled in Send Word Now.