Through this 12 week, 36-hour program, you will gain practical skills that you can immediately put into action and learn how to create a business improvement plan to help grow your business. Learn the foundations of small business management and other tools needed for a successful small business through this FREE training program that provides the following:
- Team of experts that teach marketing, financials, human resource and operations, insurance and legal, and how to develop a tactical improvement plan
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs through our peer-based learning model
- Coaching support from a business coach and financial coach
- Our training is held in local Philadelphia communities in Northeast, West, Northwest, South, and nearby Center City so local businesses can connect and network easily
Who is Eligible
- Business located within the City of Philadelphia.
- In business for at least one year with some sales (sales cannot exceed $1 million)
- Have one full-time equivalent employee (can include owner or 2 part-timers)
- Must be an owner, have an ownership stake or be a decision maker in the company
Dates and Locations
Workshops are from 6 to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Wednesday, September 14, 2022, through December 7, 2022
Applications due August 21, 2022
Classes will be held at the Career and Advanced Technology Center.
Peer-Based Learning cohorts occur three times per year. Class size is limited.
More than 300 businesses located in every zip code in Philadelphia, have completed this incredible free program.
Dates for upcoming cohorts for 2022 will be determined.
To qualify for acceptance to the Peer-Based Learning Experience program, your business must be operational and registered within Philadelphia city limits.
How to Apply
1. Submit one of the following:
- a copy of your most recent business tax return
- a copy of your most recent Profit and Loss Statement
2. Submit a copy of your City Commercial Activity License (CAL): Applicants who do not have their CAL at time of submission may obtain it prior to the start of the program.
3. Applicant must obtain a support letter (recommendation) from their area CDC, business association, civic association, City council person, or from a small business support organization.
Thinking about enrolling but need additional information or assistance with registering?
Interested businesses who have questions about Power Up’s Peer-based Learning Program can also schedule an online appointment with coordinator Christopher Hess on Thursdays, from 2 – 3:30 p.m.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.