The College’s Workforce and Economic Innovation (WEI) Division is the leading partner in building the talent pipelines and business acumen that contributes to the success of Greater Philadelphia as a top tier region known for its talent, business growth, diversity, economic opportunity, and innovation.
The role of the Workforce and Economic Innovation (WEI) Division is to serve as a catalyst for the robust development of our City, regional, and State economy by:
- Training and educating a highly prepared workforce matched with Philadelphia’s growing industries.
- Working with our business community to provide them with the tools to improve operations, grow revenue and job opportunities.
- Partnering with employers to create workplace opportunities that align the student experience with the talent needs of our businesses.
The Workforce and Economic Innovation Division is comprised of three units:
- Corporate Solutions—Working with Philadelphia’s businesses to upskill, train, and educate its existing and future workforce; training Philadelphians for family sustaining middle skill jobs matched with the City’s growing industries. This unit includes Corporate College, Contract Training, Continuing Professional Education and Occupational Programs, and our professional certifications Testing Center.
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Services—Providing Greater Philadelphia’s small businesses with the education and tools to improve operations, and grow revenue and jobs. This area includes the prominent Goldman Sachs Ten Thousand Small Businesses Program at CCP; Power Up Your Business, and the Center for Small Business, Education & Training.
- Career Connections—Preparing our students for the world of work; partnering with employers to create workplace opportunities aligned with students’ field of interest; assisting businesses in their search for talent. The Career Connections unit provides services to Employers, Students, and Faculty.
Contact Us and Meet Our Staff
Want to learn more and ask questions about all we do at the Center for Business and Industry? Let's discuss how to best address your professional training needs. View our staff directory or contact us for more information.