The Wanamaker Institute of Industries and Community College of Philadelphia have partnered to establish the Wanamaker Scholars Program to provide financial support for Philadelphia residents meeting established criteria. All applications are reviewed by a scholarship committee and awards are made at the discretion of the committee.
Wanamaker Workforce and Economic Innovation Scholarship
This scholarship will provide funds to students who are underemployed or unemployed who would otherwise not be able to afford or attend workforce training programs that lead to a career path. Individuals interested in participating in one of the training programs, and who have financial need, will be asked to submit a scholarship application.
Workforce programs eligible for scholarship consideration are listed below. Check our Corporate Solutions' list of professional development programs for the most up-to-date schedule of when these programs are being offered. Scholarships will cover up to 75% of the cost of tuition for these programs, with students funding the difference for tuition and fees:
- Advanced Manufacturing – CNC Precision Machining Technology | $4,200
- Advanced Manufacturing – Electro-Mechanical Technology (Industrial Maintenance)* | $880 to $1,380/module
- Advanced Manufacturing – Welding | $6,000
- Advanced Manufacturing – Gas Distribution Pipeline | $5,189
- Amazon Web Services Certified Cloud Practitioner | $1,699
- Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect - Associate | $1,699
- Bookkeeping | $799
- Clinical Medical Assisting* | $2,599
- CompTIA A+ | $1,649
- Dental Assistant | $2,999
- Dialysis Technician* | $1,500
- EKG Technician* | $1,299
- Electronic Health Record Management* | $1,299
- HVAC Technician* | $2,599
- Massage Therapy (Spring 2021) | $7,900
- Nurse Aide | $1,495
- Pharmacy Technician* | $1,299*/$1,525
- Phlebotomy* | $1,799
*The College has partnered with Condensed Curriculum International (CCI) to establish a CCP storefront for our students to take short-term, workforce development classes in an online, asynchronous mode (anytime online). These programs prepare students for entry-level employment and have an externship component.
Wanamaker Finish Line Scholarship
Under the Wanamaker Finish Line Scholarship, students selected to receive funding are eligible for up to $1,800 toward the completion of an AAS degree or certificate. AAS degree and certificate programs include Accounting, American Sign Language, Automotive Technology, Behavioral Health/Human Services, Diagnostic Medical Imaging, Nursing, and Paralegal Studies. Note that funding is not limited to the AAS programs listed above, but includes all AAS programs. Students mustsubmit an application, including an essay, to be considered.
Students must meet the following criteria will be considered for the Wanamaker Finish Line Scholarship:
- Must be a Philadelphia resident
- Began enrollment at the College within the last three years
- Must be pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate
- Must have nine (9) or fewer credits remaining to earn his/her degree or certificate
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better
For more information about the Wanamaker Workforce and Economic Innovation Scholarship or the Wanamaker Finish Line Scholarship, please contact the Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.