Federal Student Aid

Once your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is submitted and all necessary documentation is reviewed, you will receive a financial aid package notification. Below are descriptions of the Federal Student Aid grants that you may be eligible to receive. 

Federal Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant does not have to be repaid. Generally, Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students—those who have not earned a bachelor's or graduate degree. In some limited cases, however, you might receive a Pell Grant if you are enrolled in a postbaccalaureate teacher certificate program.

Pell Grants are usually a foundation of federal student aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added. If you are eligible for a Pell Grant, you will receive the full amount for which you qualify.

Watch: What is a Pell Grant?

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

This grant is for undergraduates (with low Expected Family Contributions or EFCs determined by the FAFSA) and is a campus-based program. The amount of aid you receive depends on such factors as your financial need, the amount of other aid you receive and the availability of funds at your school. Unlike the Federal Pell Grant program, which provides every eligible student with funds, each school participating in any of the campus-based programs receives a fixed amount each year from the federal government. When that money is exhausted, no further awards can be made from that program for that year. It is important to complete your financial aid process early in order to be considered for an FSEOG grant.

Watch: What is a FSEOG?

Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)

FWS is a federally funded campus-based program that allows students to earn money for educational costs through part-time employment. The program offers jobs at the College and with off-campus community service agencies. Students are paid on an hourly basis and usually work 10–15 hours per week. To work in a FWS position, students must apply for financial aid by completing a FAFSA and demonstrate financial need. All financial aid requirements must be satisfied by April 15 in order to receive a FWS offer. FWS eligibility after April 15 is determined on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students must use MyCCP to accept the FWS offer in full or in part. 

Watch: Work-Study Basics