Earn College Credit by Exam
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) was created by the College Board to allow students to demonstrate college-level achievement through a series of exams in undergraduate content. All CLEP testing is computer-based and exams are available year-round. Below is a listing of Community College of Philadelphia courses that may be challenged through CLEP.
You will need to register and pay your exam fee via the My Account portal on the College Board website. Once you receive an automated email confirming the registration of your exam, you'll need to print out your registration ticket.
- Contact the Assessment Center at Community College of Philadelphia at 215.751.8006 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule your test
- You must bring with you your CLEP Exam Registration Ticket and a valid photo ID when you come to take the exam
- There is a $20 fee to take the exam to be paid at the Assessment Center (this fee is waived for current Community College of Philadelphia students).
- The College accepts cash, personal checks and money orders, but does not accept credit card payments.
- Financial aid does not cover the test administration fee.
- To prepare for the exam, including practice tests, visit the Free Library of Philadelphia Learning Express Library database.
Information on reviewing and sending your scores may be found at the College Board website. CLEP scores should be sent to:
Community College of Philadelphia
Transfer Credit and Placement Office
1700 Spring Garden Street, Room MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Upon receipt of score report, credit eligible exams with passing scores will appear on your academic record within 30 days. No letter grade is awarded, you will receive a "pass" or "fail" grade. Code "CE" (Credit by Examination) will be recorded on your academic record upon passing the exam. CLEP scores are not included in your grade point average (GPA). If you intend to transfer, contact your college of choice to confirm acceptance of CLEP.
Courses Eligible for the College-Level Exam Program (CLEP)
Course descriptions and prerequisite information are available in the College Catalog.
|ACCT 101||Financial Accounting||CLEP Financial Accounting||4||50|
|FREN 101||Introductory French||CLEP French Language, Level 1||3||50|
|FREN 102||Introductory French||CLEP French Language, Level 1||3||50|
|FREN 201||Intermediate French||CLEP French Language, Level 2||3||62|
|FREN 202||Intermediate French||CLEP French Language, Level 2||3||62|
|MKTG 131||Principles of Marketing||CLEP Principles of Marketing||3||50|
|MNGT 141||Principles of Management||CLEP Principles of Management||3||50|
|MNGT 262||Business Law||CLEP Introductory Business Law||3||50|
|PSYC 101||Introduction to Psychology||CLEP Introductory Psychology||3||50|
|PSYC 215||Developmental Psychology||CLEP Developmental Psychology||3||50|
|SPAN 101||Introductory Spanish||CLEP Spanish Language, Level 1||3||50|
|SPAN 102||Introductory Spanish||CLEP Spanish Language, Level 1||3||50|
|SPAN 201||Intermediate Spanish||CLEP Spanish Language, Level 2||3||66|
|SPAN 202||Intermediate Spanish||CLEP Spanish Language, Level 2||3||66|