Earth Day Celebration
Friday, April 22 | 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. | Grady's Community Garden (located on 17th Street, just south of Bonnell Building)
All students and staff are welcome!
Join us for a day filled with…
- Planting and gardening activities
- Fresh food and produce giveaways
- Reusable bag giveaway
- Vetri Mobile Teaching Kitchen food demonstrations
- Sankofa Community Farm
- Information tables
- Music featuring DJ YazirDaDeeJay
- Free box lunches
- And more!
Start the day early and join us for a webinar at 10:30 a.m.:
- Building Social Business: Planet, People and Profit
- Join this session on Zoom | Meeting ID: 983 6168 4040 | Passcode: 974769
About Grady’s Community Carden
Located on a beautiful plot of land between 16th and 17th streets, resting between the Bonnell Building and the open parking lot, Grady’s Community Garden is part of the College’s vision to provide healthy eating options to our students, supplementing the Snack Rack Food Pantry. The Garden is an outlet for healthy food options, on-campus community service, and faculty teaching and learning through urban agriculture. The Garden’s mission is to combat the issue of food insecurity within the urban environment by providing access to fresh produce, and education in sustainability and self-sufficiency. The Garden is a living classroom for all to explore.