With the nation’s healthcare system moving to the electronic medical record, numerous employment opportunities exist for medical assistants, health information systems staff, patient registration professionals and other related positions. Healthcare professionals with the ability to understand, update and maintain the electronic health record are in great demand.
This Electronic Health Record (EHR) Management program prepares students to understand and use electronic records in a medical practice. Course reviews the implementation and management of electronic health information using common electronic data interchange systems and maintaining the medical, legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements of the electronic health record. NHA Certified Electronic Health.
- Describe the role of the electronic health record specialist
- Explain the organization, storage, and management of the health record in a medical facility
- Cover the legal requirements related to health records and patient information
- Use EHR software to perform health record tasks
- Indicate how the health record information is used to complete the claim information
- Discuss various reimbursement methodologies
- Anytime learning, complete lessons and assignments on your schedule within 6 months
- Video lesson presentations to bring the content to life
- Assessments and activities to ensure you’re on track for success
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
|National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)|
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program are eligible to participate in an optional volunteer externship opportunity with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. As learners progress through their eLearning program, an Externship Coordinator will reach out to coordinate placement.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug-screening, criminal background checks, etc. may be required by the externship facility.
Workforce Development Program Scholarships
The Community College of Philadelphia Foundation and its donors are pleased to offer scholarships to students enrolling in select Workforce Development courses. To submit your scholarship application, follow the steps in this Workforce Development Program Scholarship Application Guide.
Upon registering, you have six (6) months to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to Start Today!
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.