Everyone has experiences and insights that are worth retelling. Memoir is the art of taking scenes from our past and presenting them to an audience, not simply for the sake of telling a story but to inform, entertain and establish an emotional bond with our readers. By exploring memories and examining our lives, we also learn a lot about ourselves.
- Explain the difference between memoir and autobiography
- Identify different narrative structures that allow for effective storytelling
- Choose memories from your past that present a coherent and compelling story
- Develop an outline for your memoir
- Discuss the use of novelistic techniques to engage readers
- Distinguish between scene, summary, and reflection
- Edit and rewrite your work to eliminate weaknesses
Upon registering, you have ninety (90) days to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to get started today!
Course Hours: 1.5 Hours
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.