Have you dreamed of having your own children’s book published? This course will guide you through the process of identifying the format and audience for your book, brainstorming ideas, developing a plot and characters, writing effectively, seeking and benefiting from feedback, and perfecting your manuscript to send off to an agent or publisher. Whether you know exactly what you want to write or are still fishing around for ideas, this course will take you to the next level through exercises designed to further your particular project.
- Describe the features of different formats of children's books
- Identify the elements of successful writing for children and common mistakes
- Come up with ideas, plots, and characters for a children's book
- Recognize the elements of complex characters and a compelling plot
- Describe common children's book plots
- Employ strategies for improving characters and plot development
- Rewrite effectively to strengthen your work
- Identify sources for feedback on your writing and opportunities for professional development
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of different avenues for publication
- Recognize the importance of submission guidelines
Upon registering, you have ninety (90) days to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to get started today!
Course Hours: 1.5 Hours
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.