The Clinical Medical Assisting program is designed to prepare students to function as professionals in multiple health care settings. Medical assistants with a clinical background perform various clinical tasks, including assisting with the administration of medications and with minor procedures, performing an electrocardiogram (EKG), obtaining laboratory specimens for testing, educating patients, and other related tasks. Job opportunities are prevalent with physician’s offices, clinics, chiropractor’s offices, hospitals and outpatient facilities.
This online program prepares learners to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical aspects of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, pharmacology, taking and documenting vital signs, technical aspects of phlebotomy, the 12-lead EKG and the cardiac life cycle. The purpose of the Clinical Medical Assisting certification course is to prepare learners to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical aspects of a medical office.
- Understanding of clinical medical assistant's role in patient-centered care within the medical facility
- Steps in quality care throughout the patient encounter including preparation of the medical facility, completing required paperwork, taking vital signs, and completing the check-out tasks
- Knowledge and skills related to pharmacology and the administration of medications within the scope of the clinical medical assistant practice
- Explain the medical assistant's role and tasks when helping with minor surgery and diagnostic testing procedures in the medical office, including laboratory procedures, specimen collection, microscopic assessment, and hematology procedures
- Considerations of healthcare for special populations including pediatrics and geriatrics
- Anytime learning, complete lessons and assignments on your schedule within 6 months
- Video lesson presentations to bring the content to life
- Assessments and activities to ensure you’re on track for success
After completing this program, learners will have the opportunity to take the leading national/industry-recognized certification exam(s) essential to entry-level employment in this fast-growing field.
|National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC)|
Optional Volunteer Externship Opportunity
Learners who complete this program are eligible to participate in an optional volunteer externship opportunity with a local company/agency/organization whose work aligns with this area of study in order to gain valuable hands-on experience. As learners progress through their eLearning program, an externship coordinator will reach out to coordinate placement.
Note: Additional documentation including health records, immunizations, drug screening, criminal background checks, etc., may be required by the externship facility.
Wanamaker Workforce and Economic Innovation Scholarship
This program is eligible for a Wanamaker Workforce and Economic Innovation Scholarship Opportunity. Learn more about this competitive scholarship here. Fill out this interest form to receive notification when the Wanamaker Workforce and Economic Innovation Scholarship are open for applications.
Upon registering, you have six (6) months to complete the program.
Course Dates and Times
|Date and Times||Location||Course Cost/Fees|
Register to Start Today!
This workshop is offered through our continuing education online partner.