Web Development I Proficiency Certificate
|Course Number and Name||Prerequisites||Credits|
|CIS 103 - Introduction to Information Technology*||3 credits|
|CIS 130 - Web Page Design I||CIS 103||3 credits|
|CIS 205 - Database Management Systems||CSCI 112, which may be taken concurrently, or CIS 103||4credits|
|CIS 244 - Server-Side Web Development||CIS 130, CIS 114, CIS 205 which may be taken concurrently||4 credits|
* Students who possess personal computer application skills may test out of CIS 103 - Applied Computer Technology.
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College's general education requirements is also available.
Design, create, and modify Web sites. Analyze user needs to implement Web site content, graphics, performance, and capacity. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications. May convert written, graphic, audio, and video components to compatible Web formats by using software designed to facilitate the creation of Web and multimedia content.
in the region
- Write supporting code for Web applications or Web sites.
- Design, build, or maintain Web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Write, design, or edit Web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
How well does it pay?
New workers generally start around $39,853. Normal pay for Web Developers is $69,942 per year, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as $117,795.