Create, Test and Debug Application Software
|Course Number and Name||Prerequisites||Credits|
|CSCI 111 - Computer Science I w/ Python and Java||FNMT 118 or higher; or MATH 161 or higher placement||4 credits|
|CSCI 112 - Computer Science II w/ Java and C++||CSCI 111 with a grade of "C" or better, and FMNT 118 with a grade of "C" or better or placement in MATH 161 or higher||4 credits|
|CIS 205 - Database Management Systems||CSCI 112, which may be taken concurrently, or CIS 103||4 credits|
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College’s general education requirements is also available.
Software developers develop, create and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
For Year 2014
in the region
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
How well does it pay?
New workers start around $61,682. Normal pay is $101,520 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to $153,689.
Software Developer, Applications Developer, Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Tester, Computer and Information Systems Manager,Computer Programmer,Web Developers, Web Administrator, Computer Systems Analyst, Computer Systems Engineers/Architect, Computer and Information Research Scientist, PC, Proficiency Certificate, Computer Programming I – Application, Web and Database Development Proficiency Certificate, computers, programming, program, education, higher education, CCP, Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, learning, career, career advancement, web, technology