This certificate prepares students interested in the field of computer-assisted design technology, current workers desiring more training, and those with a background in related technical fields for careers as architectural visualization (AV) specialists. Entry-level AV specialists assist design professionals in the architecture, engineering and construction fields in translating ideas, sketches and technical information into complex three-dimensional digital models that often employ animation. Students taking this certificate will build both the technical competencies and the strong collaboration skills needed to work in today’s professional AV environments.
|ADC 103 - CAD Basics||3 credits|
|ADC 160 - Presentation Techniques||ADC 103, which may be taken concurrently||3 credits|
|ADC 163 - Digital Documentation in Architecture and Construction||3 credits|
|ADC 260 - Advanced Presentation Techniques||ADC 160 and ADC 209 which may be taken be taken concurrently, or ADC 163 which may be taken concurrently||3 credits|
|ADC 263 - Digital Animation and Rendering||ADC 103 or ART 150||3 credits|
|ADC 273 - Advanced CAD Applicationsspot||ADC 163||3 credits|
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College’s general education requirements is also available.
Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property
in the region
in the region
- Prepare scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
- Plan or design structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Direct activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Prepare contract documents for building contractors.
- Prepare information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
How well does it pay?
New workers generally start around $45,783. Normal pay for Architects, Except Landscape and Naval is $65,939 per year, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as $114,135.