These courses are for those who are interested in a career as accounting paraprofessionals in a wide variety of industries. Some of the things that you will learn include the use of computer ledger software to record and analyze financial transaction, as well as a broad knowledge of financial statement preparation in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledgeable instructors will provide a hands-on experience that will prepare you for an entry-level job in the workforce or prepare you to continue your Accounting studies.
|Course Number and Name||Prerequisites||Credits|
|ACCT 101 - Financial Accounting||4 credits|
|ENGL 101 - English Composition||3 credits|
|ACCT 102 - Managerial Accounting||ACCT 101 with a grade of "C" or better||3 credits|
|ACCT 103 - Microcomputers in Accounting||ACCT 101 with a grade of "C" or better||3 credits|
|ACCT 208 - Tax Accounting or
ACCT 215 - Nonprofit Accounting
|For ACCT 215: ACCT 102 or ACCT 101 and departmental approval.||3 credits|
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College’s general education requirements is also available.
Prepare tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
For Year 2014
in the region
in the region
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
How well does it pay?
New workers generally start around $30,096. Normal pay for Tax Preparers is $40,065 per year, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as $72,254.