Getting Started at Community College of Philadelphia
Enrolling at Community College of Philadelphia is easy. Just follow these simple guidelines and you will be on your way to becoming a student at the College.
New applicants who are attending college for the first time should complete an admission application by the priority application date in order to complete the necessary steps to enrollment for the semester. Guest, transfer and readmit applicants can still apply after the priority application date.
- Apply Online
- Apply in-person at Main Campus or the Regional Center nearest you.
Click here for more information on our locations.
- If you have questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- You will receive a letter that confirms that your application has been received and provides instructions for the next step in the enrollment process.
- Attention transfer students - you must request a copy of your transcripts for evaluation and send it to the following address:Community College of Philadelphia
1700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Attn: Transcript Evaluation Office, BG-6
Step 1: Complete an Admission ApplicationFor those using screen reading software, if you find that your screen reader does not enable access to this application, please call 215.751.8261 for assistance.
- Visit the U.S. Department of Education Web site to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Visit the Financial Aid section of the College's Web site to read about options and view the helpful User's Guide.
- Call us at 215-751-8271 if you have additional questions.
- Community College of Philadelphia's Federal School Code is 003249.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Assistance
- You will receive a letter with instructions to activate your MyCCP account in order to communicate with the College and for the College to communicate with you.
- You will be given a College e-mail account.
- You will receive e-mails from the College through your account about next steps in Admissions, Financial Aid, Testing and Registration.
Step 3: Activate your MyCCP student account
- You may schedule your placement test date through your MyCCP student account.
You have to take the placement test (reading, math and English) to determine which classes you need to take first.
- To prepare for the COMPASS placement test, click here to view the test descriptions.
Step 4: Take the Placement Test
The placement test is very important because its results—in reading, math and English—are used to determine if you will be placed into college-level courses. If not, you may first need to enroll in developmental classes or pre-college workshops.
Transfer students may be waived from this testing based on transcript evaluation.
- Schedule your registration appointment through your MyCCP student account.
- Meet with a counselor or advisor to talk about your test scores, desired program of study and to create your class schedule.
- Pay tuition and fees.
- Buy your textbooks.