Learn more about the bigger, better, greener Northeast Regional Center:
- Projected to meet Gold LEED Certification.
- Geothermal heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system that uses the earth for heating and cooling.
- Storm water management system that prevents flooding and reuses rainwater.
- Green roof with removable planting grids for perennials to extend the life of the roof, minimize heat, give off oxygen and collect rainwater for reuse. The water is treated with UV light and used in toilet-flushing, lawn and plant care, etc.
- Advanced indoor air quality systems and monitoring.
- Daylight harvesting to maximize natural light in learning areas. Window layout designed to maximize natural light; the lights themselves respond to the amount of natural light and dim or brighten accordingly.
- Use of recycled content and local building materials.
- Smart classroom technology with full multimedia capabilities in each room and Wi-Fi throughout the facility.
- Preferred parking for alternative and high-efficiency vehicles.
- Bicycle ranks at each entrance to encourage bicycle travel.