Prospective Student Athletes
Students interested in participating in intercollegiate programs at Community College of Philadelphia must meet the following criteria:Eligibility Rules for Participation in Intercollegiate Sports
- You must be enrolled full time, and you must not be on probationary status. Full-time enrollment is 12 credits or more, or six credits after successfully completing 30 credits.
- You should meet the following minimal academic requirements:
9 credits — 1.75 GPA after first semester
20 credits — 1.8 GPA after second semester
30 credits — 2.0 GPA after third semester
40 credits — 2.0 GPA after fourth semester
pass a minimum of nine semester hours with a 1.75 GPA or higher during the previous semester of full-time enrollment.
- Part-time students may participate in intercollegiate athletics carrying six credits in one semester, as long as they have acquired 30 or more credits.
- Transfer students must have completed a minimum of 9 credits in their last full-time semester of attendance, with a 1.75 GPA or better.
- You must have a complete physical examination prior to each season.
- You must carry primary health insurance.
- Tryouts begin the first day of classes for fall and spring sports. Basketball and cheerleading tryouts begin in mid-October.
- Practice and study hall will be held daily.
- All student athletes are advised to schedule classes that end by 3 p.m. in order to avoid conflicts with practice and game schedules.
- Support services are available for all student athletes to ensure ongoing academic success.