50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship
Philadelphia High School Students: Here’s Your Chance to Attend College DEBT FREE
If you’re a Philadelphia high school student graduating in 2019, you may be able to pursue an associate’s degree at Community College of Philadelphia with no cost for tuition and fees starting with the fall 2019 semester.
Your first step is to apply to Community College of Philadelphia. After you apply, you will receive an email with your student identification number. Within 5 days after you apply, use this number to create your MyCCP account. Then, login to MyCCP to complete the scholarship application so that you can be considered for the 50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible to receive the Pell Grant. Financial aid grant dollars received will be applied; the College will provide financial support for tuition and fees unmet by grants.
The 50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship is open to all Philadelphia high school students who graduate in 2019 and meet the following requirements:
- Graduate from a Philadelphia high school in 2019 and enroll in the College in fall 2019
- File a FAFSA by June 1, 2019 and qualify as Pell-eligible
- NEW THIS YEAR: Complete the College's scholarship application
- Satisfy college-level placement requirement (a minimum placement in English 101 and Math 017 required)
- Enroll full-time (at least 12 credits, up to 15 credits) for each semester
- Enroll in a degree program of study
If you are notified that you are eligible to receive funding under the 50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship, you must accept the terms of the scholarship by the deadline provided. You will receive an email providing instructions on how to accept the terms.
Important Deadlines for Eligibility
- FASFA filed by June 1, 2019
- FASFA—all documentation submitted by July 14, 2019
- Enroll as a full-time student by Aug. 15, 2019
- Accept terms by Aug. 15, 2019
After application of your financial aid grants, the College will cover all remaining tuition and fees (up to 15 credits) for up to three years (excluding summers) or until the completion of your associate’s degree, whichever comes first. Continuation of the award is contingent on the following requirements:
- Enroll full-time
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the end of each academic year
- Complete 20+ credits prior to your 2nd year, or 42+ credits prior to the start of your third year
- File a FAFSA renewal by May 1 and qualify as Pell-eligible for each year of eligibility
- Meet with an assigned advisor or counselor at least once per semester
- Participate in student success support programs and activities designed to ensure success at the College
- Participate in at least one extracurricular activity, campus or community-based
- Maintain enrollment in a degree program and make satisfactory academic progress each semester
- Comply with all requirements of the 50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship
- Accept the terms of the scholarship
NOTE: Only students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents who reside in Philadelphia and have graduated from a Philadelphia high school within the Philadelphia city limits are eligible for the 50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship.
Make a Gift to the 50th Anniversary PROMISE Scholarship
Because of generous donations to the 50th Anniversary Scholars Program, students are able to focus on what matters most: their future.
Go to College without Breaking the Bank
Average Yearly Tuition Costs