50th Anniversary Scholars Program
Philadelphia High School Students: Here’s Your Chance to Attend College DEBT FREE
If you’re a Philadelphia high school student graduating in 2017, you may be able to pursue an associate’s degree at Community College of Philadelphia with no cost for tuition and fees starting with the fall 2017 semester.
Your first step is to apply to Community College of Philadelphia.
In order to receive the award, you must apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible to receive the Pell Grant. Any financial aid grant dollars received will be applied first as part of the award program, and then the College will provide financial support for tuition and fees unmet grants.
The 50th Anniversary Scholars Program is open to all Philadelphia high school students who graduate in 2017 and meet the following requirements:
- Graduate from a Philadelphia high school in 2017 and enroll in the College in fall 2017
- File a FAFSA by June 1, 2017 and qualify as Pell-eligible
- Satisfy college-level placement requirement (minimum placement in English 101 and Math 017 required)
- Enroll full time (at least 12 credits, up to 15 credits) for each semester
- Enroll in a degree program of study
If you are notified that you are eligible to receive funding under the 50th Anniversary Scholars Program, you must accept the terms of the scholarship by the deadline provided. You will receive an email providing instructions on how to accept the terms.
Important Deadlines for Eligibility
- FASFA filed by June 1, 2017
- FASFA—all documentation submitted by July 14, 2017
- Placement determined at minimum of English 101 and Math 017—Aug. 1, 2017
- Enroll as a full-time student by Aug. 1, 2017
- Accept terms by Aug. 1, 2017
After application of your financial aid grants, the College will cover all remaining tuition and fees (up to 15 credits) for up to three years (excluding summers) or until the completion of your associate’s degree, whichever comes first. Continuation of the award is contingent on the following requirements:
- Enroll full time
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the end of each academic year
- File a FAFSA renewal by May 1 and qualify as Pell-eligible for each year of eligibility
- Meet with an assigned advisor or counselor at least once per semester
- Participate in student success support programs and activities designed to ensure success at the College
- Participate in at least one extracurricular activity, campus or community-based
- Maintain enrollment in a degree program and make satisfactory academic progress each semester
- Comply with all requirements of the 50th Anniversary Scholars Program
- Accept the terms of the scholarship
NOTE: Only students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents who reside in Philadelphia and have graduated from a Philadelphia high school within the Philadelphia city limits are eligible for the 50th Anniversary Scholars Program.
Make a Gift to the 50th Anniversary Scholars Program
Because of generous donations to the 50th Anniversary Scholars Program, students are able to focus on what matters most: their future.
Go to College without Breaking the Bank
Average Yearly Tuition Costs