Community College of Philadelphia has awarded millions of dollars in scholarships, which you can use either toward your studies at the College or to continue on at a four-year institution. You will be considered for multiple scholarships by completing just one application. You do not have to select a specific scholarship; if you meet the criteria, you will be considered for all scholarships available.
To apply for scholarships at the College, you must be a current student or have applied for admission. If you have not yet applied for admission, you can complete a College admission application online.
When completing the scholarship application, follow these helpful hints:
- Notify the individual who will be writing your letter of recommendation as early as possible so he or she can be prepared.
- Carefully draft your essay—use correct grammar and punctuation, answer questions and address topics concisely, and follow directions regarding essay length.
- Save your application at any time and return later to continue.
- Review your online application thoroughly; you cannot change or access it once it is submitted.
- Your application will be used to determine eligibility for all scholarships throughout the entire academic year ending June 30. Applications must be submitted on a yearly basis.
Check out these websites to learn more about nationally available scholarships.
For more information, call the scholarship hotline at 215.496.6182 or email.
50th Anniversary Scholars Program
Free tuition for Philadelphia high school students graduating in 2015. If you’re a Philadelphia high school student graduating in 2015, you may be able to pursue an associate’s degree at Community College of Philadelphia with no cost for tuition and fees starting with the Fall 2015 semester.
Complete with 15
Take four courses and enroll in a fifth course for free. Eligible students who enroll in four courses (minimum 12 credits) each semester can receive a scholarship that will fund an additional three-credit course.