- 05/09/2019 - 5:22pmA new dual enrollment program, the "100 Steps" program, was announced between Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) and John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School on May 9 at the all-girls high school. Named for the mere 100-step distance between the two academic campuses, the program will provide the opportunity for the girls to simultaneously earn a high school diploma from Hallahan High School and an associate degree from CCP. “Research has shown that dual enrollment programs and early college...
- 05/08/2019 - 1:50pmAmong the 1,881 candidates for Community College of Philadelphia’s (CCP) 53 rd Commencement on May 4, six were high school students from the 2019 senior class at Mathematics, Science and Technology (MaST) Community Charter School. A part of the second cohort to graduate under MC 2 , a special dual enrollment program created through a partnership between MaST and CCP in 2015, Nadeen Al-Saleem, Gilbert Drutsky, Marta Gorstka, William Hartner, Shiv Patel and Sara Wolfenden graduated with associate degrees from...
- 05/06/2019 - 1:34pmCommunity College of Philadelphia president, Dr. Donald Generals, welcomed and addressed the College's 2019 graduating class at the 53rd Commencement on May 4. U.S. Rep. Dwight Evans (D-PA.), a graduate of CCP and La Salle University, was the principal speaker at the Commencement ceremony that began at 10 a.m. in The Liacouras Center. "Having the avenue of community college available made a huge difference for me," said Evans, who graduated from CCP with an associate degree in 1973. "I believe...
- 04/25/2019 - 11:26amU.S. Rep. Dwight Evans (D-PA.), a graduate of Community College of Philadelphia and La Salle University, will be this year’s principal speaker at Community College of Philadelphia’s 53rd Commencement on May 4. The ceremony will begin at 10 a.m. in The Liacouras Center, located at 1776 N. Broad Street. About 8,000 parents, friends and candidates for graduation are expected to attend the ceremony. Over his political tenure, Congressman Evans has advocated and defended progressive causes, including urban renewal, economic growth...
- 03/26/2019 - 5:42pmSTEM is the road map to Philadelphia’s economic future and the bedrock for future investment. With that in mind, Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) has redesigned and upgraded its biology, chemistry and microbiology labs, and added professional-grade equipment. More than 25 percent of degrees and certificates awarded to CCP’s Class of 2018 were for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fields. In February, the College held a STEM Open House to showcase improvements to and a complete redesign of multiple...
Northwest Regional Center
Northwest Regional Center
Northeast Regional Center
In The Media
Philadelphia Eagles player, Malcolm Jenkins, was presented with the Community Hero Award at the Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) Black and Gold gala on June 12. Jenkins received the honor for his service in education, economic advancement in low income communities, criminal justice reform and police community relations. Jenkins is also a member on the CCP Foundation Board, which hosts the annual gala to raise money for scholarships. “This is a huge honor for me,” Jenkins said. “It’s very humbling to think CCP thought that much of me." — The Philadelphia Inquirer