Text A+ A- A


Logos for the Military Advance Education and Military Friendly School

Community College of Philadelphia can help your achieve your academic and career goals. Veterans, spouses and dependents may qualify to receive a monthly allowance toward tuition, allowing you to earn a college education for less. Follow the steps to enrollment below to get started.

If you have questions, please stop by the Veterans Resource Center in the Bonnell Building, Room 43 on Main Campus or contact us at 267-299-5897 (Fax: 267-299-5805) or email.

How to Apply


Complete an Admissions Application

Apply online

You will receive an acknowledgement email within 3-5 business days with your student identification number and confirmation that your application has been received. This email will also link you to a personalized VIP page which will highlight your next steps in the application process.

Note: When completing the application for admission, your permanent address is the place you return to after a temporary absence including time served in the military.

If you have questions, please email us or call 215-751-8010.


Apply for Financial Aid and Veterans Education Benefits

The Department of Veterans Affairs offers several different programs for individuals who meet specific qualifications.

Once you have identified the program for which you are qualified, apply through the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) at. You can request that a form be mailed to you by calling 1.888.GIBILL.1.

Next, submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility, which you receive from the VA, to the Veterans Resource Center at the College.

You must also file a Community College of Philadelphia Veterans Registration Certification Form at the start of each semester you wish to use the benefits to:

Laura McBride
Veterans School Certifying Official
1700 Spring Garden Street, Room MG-19
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Contact Laura McBride

You may also qualify for additional state and federal financial aid. Go to the U.S. Department of Education's website to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Community College of Philadelphia's Federal School Code is 003249.

If you have additional questions, please email the Office of Financial Aid.


Activate Your MyCCP Student Account

Your MyCCP account contains critical information, including your financial aid status, registration information and your College-assigned email, so please remember to check your account on a regular basis. You will need your student ID number and social security number or portal access number to access your College-assigned login information.


Satisfy Your Placement Requirement

Your placement levels—in writing, reading and math—are used to determine if you will be placed into college-level courses or if you first need to enroll in developmental classes or pre-college workshops.

Placement is satisfied by submitting one of the following:

  • You have an official transcript indicating you earned a U.S. college degree or have passed college-level English or math with a grade of "C" or higher at an accredited U.S. college or university.
  • You take a placement test at the College's Main Campus or one of our Regional Centers. Learn more about the placement test. You may schedule your placement test online through your MyCCP account.

Your transcripts should be emailed or mailed to:

Community College of Philadelphia
1700 Spring Garden Street
Transfer Credit and Placement Office, MG-17
Philadelphia, PA 19130


Register for Classes

Schedule your registration appointment through your MyCCP account. In this appointment you will meet with a counselor to talk about your placement level and/or college transcripts, and desired program of study and to create your class schedule.

You will need to pay tuition and fees by the payment deadline to preserve your class schedule. You can view your many payment options here.

Transfer Students: You must request a copy of your official transcripts from prior accredited institutions and submit them with a Transcript Evaluation Request Form.


VA Benefits

We have provided an overview of the requirements necessary to be eligible for the VA benefits programs approved by Community College of Philadelphia. Please read the descriptions of the requirements listed below to determine which program you qualify for. Click on the name of each program to access a comprehensive webpage with detailed information about that program.

Montgomery G. I. Bill (Chapter 30)
You are eligible if you enlisted after July 1, 1985; served at least two years on Active Duty; your pay was reduced by $100 per month for the first 12 months of service; you have an honorable discharge; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.

Montgomery G. I. Bill - Selected Reserves (Chapter 1606)
You are eligible if you incurred a 6-year enlistment in the Selected Reserves or the National Guard after July 1, 1985; completed initial active duty training; are serving in good standing in your unit; and you have not passed the 10-year delimiting date.

Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 32) and Vietnam Era G.I. Bill (Chapter 34)
Eligibility depends on the dates of active duty service; amount contributed; and recent VA legislation. Call the VA at 1.888.442.4551 to determine your individual eligibility.

Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
See the questions and answers page to learn more about this benefit, which became available in 2005.

Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
Dependents of veterans (spouses and children ages 18-26) are eligible if the veteran has a 100 percent service-connected disability or the veteran's death was service-connected.

Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
Veterans who suffered a service-connected disability while on active duty and need vocational rehabilitation as a result of their disability (normally 20 percent or greater) may be eligible for benefits. See more information about this benefit by clicking on the link above. You can contact the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor at the Federal Building, Harrisburg, PA or call 717.221.3476 or .4445

The Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
The Post-9/11 GI Bill is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after Sept. 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for this Bill, which became effective for training in 2009.

Additional Contacts

Local Philadelphia Veterans Benefit Office
Veterans Administration Office
5000 Wissahickon Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19101

Local Veterans Administration Hospital
Philadelphia VA Medical Center
3900 Woodland Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19141

Veterans Work Study Program
Veterans Administration Regional Office - Buffalo, N.Y.
Work Study Program