International Student Services
International students are an important part of the student population at Community College of Philadelphia. With more than 150 students from more than 50 countries, we understand the questions and needs that are unique to you.
International Student Services (ISS) provides many resources for international students who are in F-1 nonimmigrant status. We offer individual advising and services in the following areas:
- Immigration matters, such as obtaining F-1 student visas, maintaining full-time enrollment, transferring administration of your SEVIS I-20 record between schools, and traveling outside of the United States
- Filing annual tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
- Employment restrictions and options and obtaining work authorization
- Information about medical insurance coverage
- Adjustment to Community College of Philadelphia and to life in Philadelphia and the United States
- Providing letters for verification of your F-1 status for various purposes, such as obtaining a Pennsylvania state driver's license or identification cards
- Counselor available to assist ESL and international students with course and program planning
ISS also offers the following programs, activities and resources:
- Group arrival and orientation meetings to introduce you to the College and ISS
- Assistance with initial arrival steps, such as opening bank accounts, obtaining a driver's license or state identification card, registering for classes, and other necessary information
- Social activities, such as dinner outings, International Student Organization activities and trips to sights of interest
Questions? Please contact the ISS Office via email or call 1.215.751.8863.