Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses is an initiative to unlock the economic growth and job-creation potential of 10,000 small businesses across the United States through greater access to business education, financial capital, and business support services. The Community College of Philadelphia has partnered with the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses initiative to help small businesses in the Greater Philadelphia region grow and create jobs.
Value to Business Owners
- A scholarship covering tuition and program materials through the support of the Goldman Sachs Foundation.
- A practical 100-hour business entrepreneurship training program that examines business fundamentals through the lens of your actual business experiences.
- Comprehensive one-on-one business advisory services to help you develop and implement a business growth plan.
- Development of a personalized growth plan tailored to your business.
- Access to technical assistance and coaching.
The program consists of 18 convenient learning sessions that include networking events, legal and financial clinics and other business assistance activities. Scholars accepted into the program must attend all class sessions and clinics on the following dates:
Summer 2017 Schedule of Classes
|Date||Time||Class or Clinic|
|5/17/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Orientation|
|5/18/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 1 - You and Your Business|
|6/1/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 2 - Growth and Opportunities|
|6/8/2017||1 pm – 5:30 pm||Financial Statement Workshops l and II|
|6/15/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 3 - Money and Metrics|
|6/21/2017||9 am – 4 pm||You are the Lender Clinic (9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Negotiations I Clinic (1:30 - 5:30 pm)
|6/22/2017||8 am – 5:30pm||Mod 4 - You are the Leader|
|6/29/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 5 – It’s the People|
|6/30/2017||9 am – 12 pm||Financial Forecast Lab and Growth Plan I (Optional)|
|7/11/2017||5 pm - 9 pm||Legal HR Clinic|
|7/12/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 6 – Marketing and Selling|
||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 7 – Operations and Processes|
||1 – 5:30 pm||Negotiations II Clinic|
|7/27/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 8 - Being Bankable|
|8/2/2017||1 – 4 pm||Lab and Growth Plan II (Optional)|
|8/9/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 9A – Action for Growth, Part I|
|8/10/2017||8 am – 5:30 pm||Mod 9B – Action for Growth, Part II|
Participants must also complete six to eight hours of out-of-class activities each week. These assignments are an integral part of the program, and are designed to help you improve your business while enabling you to fully develop your business growth plans. The additional time commitment outside of class will include:
- Business support services such as technical assistance;
- Customized, one-on-one business advice; and
- Time spent completing assignments in advance of each class.
Please note: While we work to adhere to this strict schedule, class dates may change prior to the cohort start date. Successful applicants will be notified of any such changes.
For more information, please call 267-299-5900.