Prepare for one of the hottest jobs in America! Corporate Solutions and the World Instructor Training Schools (WITS) together offer a personal trainer national certification workshop at Community College of Philadelphia. This six-week intensive workshop provides in-class theory and hands-on practical training. National certification is awarded upon completion of the workshop, a 30-hour internship, passing exams and providing proof of current CPR certification. Seating is Limited!
*Students are required to purchase a textbook prior to the first day of class. Contact W.I.T.S at 1-888-330-9487 or www.witseducation.com to order your book.
A limited number of scholarships are available for this program. Visit the Wanamaker Scholars Program page for more information about scholarship opportunities.
Personal Trainer National Certification
- Live “interactive” instruction
- 15 hours of lecture and 15 hours of hands-on practical training at onsite fitness facility
- 30-hour internship included
- Upon successful completion students will be nationally certified through World Instructor Training School.
- The U.S. Dept. of Labor predicts a 24% increase in employment projections for Fitness Trainers in PA during the years 2010-2020
- National average hourly wage is $25
- Be your own boss! Supplement your current salary or work full time as a personal trainer.
Lectures (15 hours)
- Exercise Physiology
- Fundamentals of Anatomy
- Biomechanics and Applied Kinesiology
- Health Screenings
- Fitness Testing
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
Practical (15 hours)
- Fitness Assessments
- Client Rapport
- Biomechanics of Exercise
- Equipment Usages
- Weight Training Techniques
- Proof of current CPR (for issuance of certificate)
- Attendance at 4 of the 5 weeks of the course
- Passing grades on both the written and practical exams
- Completion of 30-hour practical internship
|Date and Hours
||$734 (Tuition $699, Gym Fee: $35)
Jan. 24 - Feb. 28, 2015
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
March 21 - May 2, 2015
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Northeast Regional Center
Main Campus, Center for Business and Industry
Contact Us for More Information