Turn Your Passion for Cooking into a Career
Our Culinary Arts program will teach you food preparation skills and how to navigate the food service industry landscape. Through 400 hours of work experience, you will learn about small and large food preparation, sanitation, food safety, nutrition and supervision in the hospitality industry, and how to make educated, lawful, ethical and productive decisions in supervisory positions related to food service. Our program will also provide you access to experienced faculty, state-of-the-art culinary kitchens and classrooms, job search and placement assistance, and the potential to receive credit for work experience. If you are interested in pursuing apprenticeship status, one of the College’s Culinary Arts chef instructors will assist you.
- Associate in Applied Science, and transfer to a four-year college.
- You can also pursue apprenticeship status; an American Culinary Federation (ACF)-qualified Culinary Arts faculty chef will assist you with securing and supervising the required employment.
- Casual and fine dining restaurants
- Hotel and resort establishments
- Health care facilities
- Educational institutions
- Company cafeterias
- Catering businesses
- Personal chef
- Chef of an independently-owned eatery