Prepare for a Career and Three National Certifications
Focus on customer service, marketing and merchandising knowledge for positions in fashion retail and fashion marketing, fashion apparel, home and garden, and gifts. You will also gain the communication, leadership and decision-making skills necessary for success. First-hand learning experiences include a retail lab, shopping zone field experiences and in-class professional projects. In addition to the competitive advantage of work experience, you will also be prepared to take the Customer Service and Sales, Advanced Customer Service and Sales, and Retail Industry Fundamentals certifications.
General Education Requirements:
All general education requirements necessary for graduation are met through the courses in the program as indicated above. Students who wish to take courses that differ from the general education courses indicated above must complete a course substitution request form. To access the form, login to the MyCCP portal, and in the Student tab, under Electronic Forms, click on the Records and Registration Forms link, then choose Request For Course Substitution Of Graduation Requirement link. A more detailed explanation of the College’s general education requirements is also available.
Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers.
in the region
in the region
- Identify, develop, or evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Formulate, direct, or coordinate marketing activities or policies to promote products or services, working with advertising or promotion managers.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists describing product or service offerings.
How well does it pay?
New workers generally start around $85,568. Normal pay for Marketing Managers is $147,752 per year, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as $295,025.